Saturday, February 19, 2022

USA is Numero Uno


When it comes to storytelling and/or writing fiction, the US government are numero uno! 

On Friday, I was at a KEPENTAS meeting. There were ten of us – nine members and one guest.





I presented two speeches this time around. 

The impromptu speech session saw four members being invited to speak for 5-8 minutes. And I was one of them. 




My topic was “Impian” and I even managed to speak for nearly six minutes. It wasn't flawless but it wasn't too bad either!

I was talking about my dream to be an author and related about my four failed attempts. But an opportunity came knocking last July and after five months of writing, I actually completed the book! 

“The Diamond in Your Speech” has become my success story – and my “impian” is fulfilled. Finally. 

The speakers came under the scrutiny of three evaluators – seasoned senior members – who had been assigned to give feedback and I can tell you, they didn’t hold back. But the important thing is that I learned. 




The other speech was my fair shake to promote the said book – “The Diamond in Your Speech” to club members and I am grateful to Sandy Tan for kindly arranging this.

I couldn’t believe my ears when I was told seven pre-orders had been secured. For sure, I didn’t expect it. All the same, I am grateful to everybody for their generous support! 

[Note: Another pre-order came today, and it adds up to a total of eight. And if I include Sandy Tan's order, I will have secured 9 book sales! Thank you, KEPENTAS TTDI!]. 

All things considered, it was a good meeting!

No comments: