Saturday, December 8, 2018

Malaysia Ready for Lynas to Take Legal Action

Lynas had made loud noises about taking legal action. 

The way I look at it – they are threatening the Malaysian government. 

If you’ve been following my blog, you will know what I am talking about.

But Lynas don’t know they cannot ruffle Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Minister Yeo Bee Yin’s feathers that easily! 

On Thursday, Yeo (right) said: “…we are all ready for (the legal action) because everything we do is according to the rule of law”. 

For good measure, she added: “Lynas cannot come and dictate how the rule of law is being applied in Malaysia and you cannot be asking for an exemption as if it is your right, your entitlement”. 

Simply put, they must move out the wastes from our shores, as agreed. 

She also said the government are not setting new conditions for Lynas’ existing licences – it was, therefore, timely that she reminded them that the waste removal from Malaysia was one of the preconditions for the renewal of their operations here in Malaysia. 

Lynas should stop pussyfooting around! Malaysians want Lynas to keep to their commitments that they made. It's that straightforward.

Yeo Bee Yin is right to put Malaysians as her No. 1 priority. Thumbs-up to her. 

On Wednesday evening, I was at the EcoWorld Head Office in Setia Avenue in Setia Alam, Selangor. 

In spite of the presence of only a handful of members, the EcoWorld Toastmasters Club exco went ahead with the meeting. And it was still an enjoyable meeting for all! 

I was both the Toastmaster and a Speaker and I delivered a speech from the Competent Communication manual. 

Now this was a speech with a difference – I had challenged EcoWorld Toastmaster Ivan Kerk to evaluate me – and gave him the opportunity to suggest a topic for my CC#3. Meaning, my evaluator will come up with a topic just before my name was called up and I’m supposed to talk about it for 5-7 minutes and also ensuring the speech objectives were properly met. 

I believe both of us were happy that both the speech and evaluation went well.







































No comments: