Remember the case of the firearms that performed a vanishing act? Malaysian police lost forty-four of them between 2010 and 2012 – please read my blogpost http://helpvictor.blogspot.com/2013/10/police-loses-equipment-worth-rm13.html, dated October 06, 2013. Well, according to our Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, in a written reply to Batu MP Tian Chua in Parliament – the missing weapons had been accounted for!
Seven guns were actually recovered and the rest, I suppose, must be at the bottom of the sea! That explanation was attributed to our IGP Khalid Abu Bakar. I guess, if they are lost, they are lost and that's it!
Among the five reasons how police personnel lost those said weapons have now been attributed to (1) the result of police personnel being mugged, (2) having lost them during toilet visits, (3) they were mislaid in the office, (4) they were stolen from vehicles, and (5) they were dropped in the course of duty.
I really don’t know what to say but I am having a long and hearty laugh this morning! This is, of course, a serious matter and it shows the lackadaisical attitude of members of our law enforcement agency! I cannot wait to hear the explanations regarding the missing 29 patrol cars!
On Monday, I was in Kelana Jaya to attend the MAS Melor Toastmasters meeting. There were just the eight of us in that meeting, yet we still managed to have a good time. I was one of two speakers that day and I did a “Presenting an Award” speech. (The award recipient was Thiagarajah Nesan).
This was followed by another Toastmasters meeting at the 3rd Mile Square in KL’s Old Klang Road where I delivered the ‘Accepting an Award” speech at the Money & You Toastmasters meeting.































No comments:
Post a Comment