
Yesterday, I made a site visit to the new HICT campus, and there’s only one word to describe it: “massive”. Seven floors in all, covering an area of 222, 000 sq. feet - easily double our current space here on the fifth floor of Klang Parade. We are also providing student accommodation, with about 452 rooms, both single and twin-sharing. I accompanied Narajana, Katherine, Abu, Martin, and MOHE officials to the “new” campus. I am impressed.
.
Above, a couple of photos of our new place – as you can see, there's still a lot of work to be done. I am hopeful we can move in, end April 2010, just in time for our second semester.
.
.
“Yes, Ahmad Said wants to retire early. What a pity! There are still a lot of cases waiting for him to clarify the truth…
.
The inquest into DAP political aide Teoh Beng Hock's death will resume very soon and I wonder whether Ahmad Said will be able to participate.
.
Besides, there is the Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) scandal. What about the VK Lingam video clip case?
Of course, we can still remember the palatial mansion of former Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo, as well as the abuse of funds revealed by the Auditor-General's Report.
Ahmad Said has vowed to find out the truth about all. But today, he just leaves like that!
From the last director-general of Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) to the first chief commissioner of the MACC, Ahmad Said said that under his leadership the MACC would be among the best anti-corruption commissions in the world and it would be comparable with the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) of Hong Kong”.





No comments:
Post a Comment