Finally, the United Nations Security Council have demanded an immediate ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian group Hamas in Gaza as well as the unconditional release of all hostages as the United States abstained from the vote. The remaining 14 council members all voted for the resolution on Monday.
FYI, the US has used its veto three times – this time, the US lets it pass.
Therefore, this is a very significant development, even if there's still a lot of work to be done.
As far as I know, resolutions of the Security Council are international law and they are always seen as binding on all the member states of the United Nations.
The vote came amid international calls to bring the months-long conflict to an end, as Israeli forces pummel Gaza with one of the most destructive campaigns, and humanitarian conditions in the besieged strip reach critical levels.
I have one misgiving though. What about the Palestinians languishing in Israeli prisons? I consider them hostages as well. And they should be freed too.
But let's put all the cards on the table. The ceasefire won't happen because Israel won't agree and the US won't make the Israelis stop the carnage!
Besides, didn't White House National Security Council John Kirby echoed a stance made after the vote by US Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield that the resolution was non-binding? This was all a farce!
Oh nak cempedak!* π Burger King ada Cempedak Pie and it is irresistibly sedap ✨ #BurgerKingMY
Yes, I had it on Saturday! My verdict:π
[*There's no English equivalent for this fruit's name. Unless you want to get scientific and call it "Artocarpus integer"].
And if you don't know what it looks like π
Next, I'm looking forward to Musang King Durian Pie! What say you, Burger King?





No comments:
Post a Comment