This month’s World Speakers’ Coalition Kuala Lumpur meeting was held yesterday – and this was Santhi Rajendran’s maiden task as organizer and host. In fact, she’s a newbie, having joined us only in April 2023.
Her venue pick was the British Raj, an Indian restaurant like no other – a cozy place in Jaya One, PJ – featuring classic Indian food fused with tell-tale hints of English cuisine.
We kicked off our 23rd meeting with Vodka Paani Puri Shots which had a boozy twist on this classic Indian appetiser. The non-drinkers had the non-alcoholic version – and I’m told it’s every bit as tasty as its liquor-laced alternative.
Santhi informed us that November is the month to celebrate men (in case you didn't know, International Men's Day is on November 19) and therefore, the theme was about them. She cleverly conceived an intriguing topic “The Way To A Man’s Heart Is Through His…”.
Of course, we all had our own takes on it. To be sure, they were illuminating, invigorating and interesting. From the men. And women.
But we all concurred that the verse composition – performed as a duet by Kavita and Surin – won our collective hearts. An ode to love, a symphony of rhymes, a confabulation of lyrical words that dance in perfect harmony. And I just have to share it here:
Kavee:
Ladies and gents, gather 'round for a poetic spree,
I'm spilling the beans on love, just wait and see.
In the kitchen, I weave a culinary spell,
Whispering sweet nothings, oh, I cook so well.
Like a chef, I dance to "Sugar, Sugar" tunes,
Hoping my flavors hit all the right moons.
I'll spice things up like "Sugar and Honey",
Creating a feast that's just for us, honey.
With a touch of "Sweet Caroline" grace,
I'll ensure your heart finds its happy place.
Surin:
Your culinary magic is beyond compare,
Like "Something" special in the air.
With "Love Me Tender" whispers so smart,
Kuch kuch hota hai, you've captured my heart.
She dances through the kitchen, a culinary queen,
Her love, a symphony, like "Unchained Melody" serene.
I'm her captive audience, in this love-struck trance,
As she serves up passion, a delightful romance.
With a fork in hand, I dive into the feast,
She's got moves like Jagger, a culinary beast.
Pasta or aloo ka parantha, it doesn't matter,
For every bite is a love letter.
Kavee:
What they say about cooking is true when smoke gets in your eyes,
My burned prantha you still claim, it taste nice.
With "Eternal Flame" burning so bright,
Our love story echoes through the night.
But the true way to a man's heart, let's unveil,
Beyond the recipes, beyond the tale.
Surin:
Amidst the spices and romantic cuisine,
There's a secret, a truth, that's often unseen.
Beyond the recipes and the songs we replay,
Lies the key to his heart, in a simple display.
It's not in the dishes, the tunes, or the art,
But in the laughter we share, in every restart.
For the way to a man's heart, it's simple, you see,
It's the love u give, unconditionally.
Kavee:
Through "Words", "More Than a Feeling" you'll impart,
Listen to the "Language of Love", that's where you start.
Beyond songs and verses, in the simplest of art,
Communication, my friend, is the true way to a man's heart.
So ladies, dear ladies, in this poetic arc
Remember the true way to man's heart
Is not just in song or pasta filled trays
But in the love language, we speak every day.
Nine of us turned up on this Wednesday, of whom two were guests. And like in all our meetings, we interact, we relate and we connect.
#publicspeaking
#theartandscienceofrhetoric
#confidentcommunication
#communicationinnovations
#worldspeakerscoalition






































No comments:
Post a Comment