I came across this interesting piece published on August 21, 2019 on BoingBoing – and I became fascinated with Dr Lindsey Fitzharris (left), author and medical historian who discusses the dark history of "anthropodermic bibliopegy" – the bizarre practice of binding books in human skin.
Please do check out her YouTube video series Under the Knife – this particular one is about human skin books:
I am sharing the above because I am seduced by the grotesque idea of human skin books.
I know skin is skin.
But I can't help thinking that it would be really cool if I can have one of my favorite books bound in my own skin. I am thinking of my collection of horror novels by Ryu Murakami, Stephen King and/or Graham Masterton.
But I can't help thinking that it would be really cool if I can have one of my favorite books bound in my own skin. I am thinking of my collection of horror novels by Ryu Murakami, Stephen King and/or Graham Masterton.
Last evening, I was in Block D-5-1 at the Parkland Commercial Center in Kelana Jaya, Selangor. I was supposed to be there last month – but I couldn’t attend.
It was a topic appropriate to their members who are all dentists! Of course, if you know me, I made reference to my favorite beverage, i.e. Coca-Cola! Epic sweetness!
BTW, this was for my Competent Communication manual, Round #61.
Photos of the said meeting:
















No comments:
Post a Comment