Was anybody surprised? Of course, not. BN-UMNO's financial patronage was so overwhelming that the outcome of Wednesday’s by-election was a given. And so BN maintained its grip on the Terengganu government when its candidate Tengku Zaihan Che Ku Abd Rahman retained the Kuala Besut state seat – he polled 8,288 votes while PAS secured 5,696. This gave the BN a 2,592-vote majority, an increase of 158 votes from the 2,434 majority achieved by the late A Rahman Mokhtar in GE13. Ho-hum.
Yesterday, I was at the MAS Engineering Operations Center in Subang to attend the GE Aviation Malaysia Toastmasters meeting, upon the request of fellow Toastmaster, Emil Anthony. I took up the role of Table Topics Master (I had prepared a list of interesting quotations about ‘Money’ as Table Topics) and I also presented an invocation at the start of the meeting, which I thought was really good. It was a great meeting anyway! This Toastmasters club was chartered last term but it only had its inaugural meeting yesterday afternoon.
In the evening, I was in Jalan SS19/1G for the Subang Toastmasters meeting where I was the Speech Evaluator for a one-month old Toastmaster delivering her CC speech #2. Overall, it has been a good meeting and in my books, it has earned a score of a 6 over 10. This club deserves support and I am willing to help. It's a small club but it soldiers on with steely determination and quiet confidence. I admire that.


























No comments:
Post a Comment