Friday, March 25, 2011

MCA Likened to an Aggrieved Woman

The MCA are up in arms over Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Nazri Abdul Aziz’s (left) bluntness – he had candidly likened that political party to an “aggrieved woman”. 

It seems that Nanyang Siang Pau had quoted Nazri yesterday, as comparing the MCA’s current situation to “a wife who complains all day long that she was being abused, raped and not given enough food, but yet does not want to divorce her husband”. 

I thought the ‘aggrieved’ label is already insulting enough, but when I read his full remarks – I know I would be in a tizzy, even humiliated, if I were the MCA! 

As expected, MCA Youth chief Wee Ka Siong was justifiably insulted and he let loose his furious tongue declaring that Nazri’s arrogance was unbecoming and he’d better be aware that without the Chinese-based party, BN could not form the government! 

Of course, Malaysians know this is all bluff! It's just that in his anger, Wee had expelled a lot of hot air! But he should know that the fact is UMNO don’t really need the MCA to win elections, full-stop. 

If we know Nazri, he won't even pay attention to MCA talk back. We would know that he made those odiously obnoxious observations in his familiar brutish style because he is so graceless. 

Nazri had even implied that the MCA are not an equal partner in BN. And isn’t that correct? 

It is common knowledge that the MCA have been engaging in many exchanges with UMNO in their hollow attempts to shake off the widely-held view that they always kowtow to the lynchpin party but to no avail. 

Anyway, when contacted, Nazri indignantly responded: “What wrong have I done? This is a free country”. Yah lor! This is Nazri being Nazri!

I went to the IEM Toastmasters meeting yesterday, and Meng Tze was kind enough to thrust me a role, i.e. evaluator for their member delivering an advanced speech. 

I was one of four evaluators that evening and club president Robert Ram did my PR for me when he told the audience that I was a champion evaluator. And so, he didn’t bat an eyelid when I was voted Best Evaluator. 

The meeting was alright and my only gripe was that it was kinda low-key – probably due to a restrained Toastmaster-of-the-Evening.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Nazri is 110% correct, correct, correct. He would have been 200% more correct if he had said the MCA is also like a foot stool for UMNO to rest their feet after a long hard day collecting commissions and kickbacks from their crony contractors and vendors.