Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pressing Workload

The memory of last semester’s pressing workload is still fresh in my fully-engaged mind. 

Yet, I am now caught up with another round of tedious work that involves the final preparation of examinations, marking of assignments, and so on. For sure, time flies, because hardly had I taken a proper breather, when this semester is already requiring me to go through this whole process again. 

I am determined that next year, I won’t be trapped in this frenetic situation again. But can I? Is there another Victor Ong out there? 

Haha,ha, I kid myself! 

I cannot help but comment on a Baradan Kuppusamy article that appeared in The Star yesterday – with his upbeat but barefaced presumption that we should not write off the MCA as irrelevant (p N26). Of course, it is not surprising that the writer used this newspaper to deliver his hackneyed message – after all The Star is an MCA vehicle to begin with!

Let me pointedly say here that the MCA has already written itself off a long time ago. Today, fossilized MCA is an antiquated party made up of some Chinese Malaysians who are living in their own world that is archaic and timeworn. 

The only point that the writer made which is correct is the fact that “the majority of Chinese voters are supporting the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition”. 


No comments: