I happened to read The Star yesterday, and I thought it was really funny! Y'see there was this news report about the scandal-plagued Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) and that the Public Accounts Committee was taken aback by the poor management skills of the former general manager (i.e. OC Phang) who unashamedly admitted that she was clueless as to “what cash flow projection” means. Now this is appalling, if not outrageous. PAC chairperson Azmi Khalid had said that any business entrepreneur would have known about projection of income, expenditure and cash flow. He added: “You make projections of the best estimates that you can make of your expenditure and income because you can then monitor the project. The Port Klang Authority (PKA) management didn’t have this in place” (p N4). It may come as a shock to most people, but then when you consider that this is Malaysia, where everything is possible, and anybody can be appointed to assume governmental or even corporate positions, as long as you are politically-connected. Malaysia Boleh, right?
I wish to take this opportunity to thank my students who have sent tidings of support and posted similar messages – they are deeply appreciated. When you are a lecturer as I am, it is a great feeling to know that once in a while, your students convey their sincere expressions of thanks for the work that you put in. It makes all the hard work and sacrifices worthwhile. I am overwhelmed. I am grateful. I am humbled.
I wish to take this opportunity to thank my students who have sent tidings of support and posted similar messages – they are deeply appreciated. When you are a lecturer as I am, it is a great feeling to know that once in a while, your students convey their sincere expressions of thanks for the work that you put in. It makes all the hard work and sacrifices worthwhile. I am overwhelmed. I am grateful. I am humbled.


No comments:
Post a Comment