Sunday, June 21, 2026

Iran Wins, USA Loses






The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the United States and Iran was separately signed on June 17, 2026. 

The primary signatories of the framework agreement are Donald Trump (President of the United States) and Masoud Pezeshkian (President of Iran). Additionally, Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif signed the document as the top mediator. 

FYI, early electronic signatures on the draft had been coordinated through US Vice President JD Vance and Iranian Parliamentary Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf. 

And I've read the said document. Not once, not twice, but thrice. Trump's so-called Iran "peace" deal doesn't include any of the big wins he promised. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

There's no two-ways to read the MOU other than the fact that Trump surrendered to Iran, as per the following terms: 

  1. US to withdraw all military forces 
  2. US to recognise Iranian sovereignty 
  3. US together with regional partners commit to provide $300 billion in reconstruction funds 
  4. US to unfreeze all Iranian overseas assets (in stages) 
  5. US will allow Iranian oil to flow freely and remove sanctions. 

And what did Iran offer in return? 

  1. Iran will allow free flow of shipping in the Straits of Hormuz. Err... it was free flow before the war. 
  2. Iran commits to not build nuclear weapons. Err... it looks like the same commitment it made before the war. 

Everything else is subject to discussion and determination over the next 60 days. 

Massive accolades to MAGA Trump! What a humongous achievement! The world loves him very much! 😜😜😜

The above aside, Trump quipped on the same day that he will take credit if the deal goes well, but that he will blame his vice president if the preliminary deal falls apart (as per The Hill, published Thursday). 

“We’re going to bomb the hell out of them if they violate the agreement”, Trump said at a press conference Wednesday. “I don’t want them to. I want them to honor the agreement”. 

Personally, I don't believe the "peace" will last!



And in a Truth Social post on Thursday, Trump had ruled out any direct US funding for the scheme. 

“There is no 300 Billion Dollar payment to Iran by the US. That’s Fake News!” he wrote. "All there is for the US is success, lower oil prices, and victory". 

Vance, meanwhile, in an interview with The New York Times published on Thursday, echoed the same sentiment, saying that the plan will not be “paid for by American taxpayers”. 

“Not a cent of American money goes to Iran”, he reiterated.

I want to be clear here! I'm not under any illusion that the US has any intention to fulfill its obligations. 

In fact, I'm just waiting for the bombs and missiles to resume their strikes. And it doesn't matter who attacks who first. I don't care whether it's the US or Iran. Or even Israel.

Let the fighting restart!

No comments: