I am not one to give up on my resolutions so easily. I am aware that each new year presents new challenges. Therefore, at a personal level, I have morphed these challenges into resolutions. I am determined to work hard at them. An Oprah Winfrey quote comes to mind: “Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right”. Yes, I have got another year, right?
2010 Resolution List
1. Start writing my Marketing textbook
2. Start my second Masters
3. Write my Ph D proposal and submit for approval
4. Write two short stories and get them published
5. Complete ten ACG-qualifying speeches and achieve Toastmasters' ACG and ALB recognitions
6. Teach 1000 hours for period October 2009-September 2010
7. Direct 45,000 visits to my blog.
After all, resolutions require us to make changes to accommodate the challenges that are before us. As Barack Obama said: “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek”. I also remembered a December 24, 2009, 2:32 PM text message from Dr. Paul Chan: "Look forward and be successful".


No comments:
Post a Comment