Image credit: http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110623/NEWS0103/306230041/
Zombies have invaded America – if you believe this electronic road sign that was spotted on Thursday on southbound Interstate 71/75 warning of "Zombies Ahead".
[FYI, Interstate 71 (I-71) is a north–south Interstate Highway in the Great Lakes/Midwestern and Southeastern region of the United States. Its southern terminus is at an interchange with I-64 and I-65 (the Kennedy Interchange) in Louisville, Kentucky, and its northern terminus at an interchange with I-90 in Cleveland, Ohio].
The boingboing.net posting mentioned that the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet thought it to be a practical joke! Police there did confirmed that there were no reports of zombies.
It is believed that hacking electronic highway signs with zombie warnings is apparently a popular pastime across the US of A.
Hackers have been blamed for posting zombie alerts in at least six states. In March, hackers cautioned drivers at the North Carolina/South Carolina line of zombies ahead. Hackers posted the same message in Boulder, Colorado earlier that month. Zombie messages have also been posted in Indiana, Texas and Illinois.
I presented a CC speech # 5: Your Body Speaks at the MIHRM Toastmasters meeting yesterday. It was titled 'The Day My Father Died".
Although the verdict was that I had presented a good speech – I couldn't agree with the evaluation because I believed it was a below-average effort.
Even if it was an impromptu speech but I was not very eloquent. Maybe because I was tired. Or I had been trapped in long meetings since 12:30 PM. Sure, my speech had organization, vocal variety and importantly, body language – but compared to my previous speeches, this one was admittedly, just not-good-enough! I know I could have done much better than this!
Anyway, this was a low-key meeting and I would confer it a 5 out of a 10.



No comments:
Post a Comment