Wednesday, May 3, 2017

It's Now Melaka

The Melaka state government today announced the decision that the name “Malacca” for the state, commonly used in English, will cease to be used and instead will be replaced with the name Melaka.
 
This is intended to standardize the use of the name ‘Melaka’.
 
I don't know about you but I still prefer 'Malacca’.

I managed to capture some images of my Penang trip (April 27-May 01):






















Includes a visit to the Clan Jetties, along Weld Quay in Georgetown













Feng Yi Dumplings in Taman Harbor View, Georgetown











Crystal dumpling with gula Melaka syrup




















Char Koay Teow in Jalan Penang, Georgetown


















And we discovered this quaint little place somewhere between Balik Pulau and Teluk Bahang. Open only during weekends. It's called "Middle of No Where".











My drink order was Choco Wave (RM10)

No comments: