Tuesday, April 4, 2017

RM100 Fine Charge

Shah Alam MP Khalid Abdul Samad (right) had labelled the charge slapped against his assailants, where a RM100 fine would be imposed upon conviction, as an insult to Parliament itself. 

The Parti Amanah Negara communications director said this in reference to the eight hoodlums including Pasir Salak MP Tajuddin Abdul Rahman's son Firdaus – who had attacked him on the grounds of Parliament last November 24.

Khalid wanted them to be charged under Section 124 of the Penal Code, which constitutes acts detrimental to parliamentary democracy. But the Attorney-General had charged them under the Minor Offences Act instead.

On a Saturday morning, March 25, 2017, I was at the main campus of Tunku Abdul Rahman University College in Jalan Genting Kelang, KL to evaluate an Advanced speech at the TARUC Toastmasters meeting. 

It has been years since I attended a Toastmasters meeting here.

I also want to share photos of my IPD-OUM class that I was teaching a day later. My Filipino students who came for this Marketing & Sales Management lecture just love to snap photos:


















I must admit I enjoyed teaching them! And of course, I love my students!

No comments: