Sunday, March 5, 2017

Dear Malaysians

Dear Malaysians,
 
Do you know that over 4 million eligible Malaysians have yet to register as voters? Most of them are in the 21 to 30 age group.
 
These Malaysians cannot afford to be detached, indifferent and unconcerned. They have to believe that when they step forward, they are already starting to make a change. And in the process, they exercise their right as citizens.
 
Many people are speculating that the fourteenth general election could be held as early as September this year. If that is so, eligible voters have only this month to register. 
 
I don’t believe Malaysians will want to risk their chances to vote, especially when we all know that the coming election is the most crucial one for all of us.
 
How do you register? Merely proceed to the post office or Surunhajaya Pilihan Raya (Election Commission of Malaysia) office and fill up a form. Of course, remember to bring your IC!
 
Yup, that’s all it takes! Only voters who are registered at least six months before the election can vote.
 
Malaysians who have not done so – do register!
 
And those who have already registered to please reach out to fellow Malaysians who have not.
 
We are Malaysians – let us do our duty to make a change. For Malaysia. For ourselves. For future generations.
 
At the 2017 Women’s Windy City Open Squash (February 21-March 01), Egyptian Nour El Sherbini beat Malaysia’s Nicol David 11-9, 6-11, 11-6, 11-4 in forty-five minutes in the quarter-finals. Again, David was stopped early.
 
I had two Toastmasters meetings on Wednesday.
 
The first was at Section 51A in Petaling Jaya and the second was in Jalan Imbi, KL. At both venues, I delivered speeches.
 
At the Standard Chartered (previously known as Scope) Toastmasters meeting, I presented an Advanced speech from The Entertaining Speaker manual. My speech title was "I Date Men".

I guess it was very entertaining because I was voted Best Speaker.





 
 
And at the ITC Bintang Toastmasters meeting, I presented my CC speech #1 titled “I Am the Present”. My forty-second round of the Competent Communication manual and my 533rd project speech todate – since I became a Toastmaster.

No comments: