Sunday, December 18, 2016

Zunar Arrested Again

Yesterday, plainclothes police arrested Zunar (left) at a fundraising event “Tea with Zunar” held at the Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall in Jalan Maharajalela, KL.
 
Apart from the political cartoonist, civil activist Lawrence Jayaraj, DAP member Jimmy Wong and two other guests were similarly detained.
 
It is learnt Zunar's books and merchandise were also confiscated.
 
The latest tweet on his account by his admin alleges that he’s being investigated under Section 124C of the Penal Code for activities detrimental to parliamentary democracy.
 
Please lah, stop this blatant and wanton abuse of power! Are we a police state now?
 
On Friday, I was at TREC, KL’s latest entertainment and F&B hangout place. I was there to attend a ‘comedy’ show at Live House at E-G-07, Electric Boulevard.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was really looking forward to getting a healthy dosage of laughter – but I went away disappointed. I didn’t even stayed until the end.
 
Now you know why I put the ‘comedy’ word in inverted commas because the stand-up comedians were unfunny. In fact, they were absolutely rubbish.
 
The following day, I was on the twenty-second floor of the Amoda Building in Jalan Imbi, KL where I delivered my CC speech #8 Get Comfortable with Visual Aids titled “Made in Malaysia”.

These were the props I used at the Premier Advanced Toastmasters meeting:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was voted Best Speaker from amongst four speakers. 

And thanks to club president Solmaz Parpaei for accommodating my request for a speaking slot at the very last minute. 
 
On Saturday too, Celtic carved a 2-1 victory over Dundee.
 
The goalscorers were Leigh Griffiths who netted a stunning free-kick (45+2) and midfielder Nir Bitton who curled in number two for the dominant home side in the 56th minute.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Marcus Haber pulled one back for the Taysiders in the sixty-eighth minute to make the final stages less comfortable than it should have been for the champions.
 
Still, the win means Celtic are now 20 domestic matches unbeaten this season, and in addition to their eleven-point cushion at the Scottish Premiership summit, they have two matches in hand over second-placed Rangers.

No comments: