Friday, December 16, 2016

Donald Trump is Still Going to be President

Presidential election recount efforts have ended in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania – with both states certifying Republican Donald Trump  (left) as the winner in contests that helped put him over the top in the electoral college stakes. 
 
Trump’s victory in Wisconsin was reaffirmed on Monday following a statewide vote recount that showed him defeating Democrat Hillary Clinton by nearly 23,000 votes. This is a frivolous exercise in futility because the re-counted result changed just 0.06%.

A federal judge had issued a stinging rejection of a Green Party-backed request to recount ballot papers in Pennsylvania’s presidential election and scan some counties’ election systems for signs of hacking.

Michigan is a no-go too.

And so Trump shall be President of the United States of America in thirty-five days’ time.














Sigh. I have been slackening my pace. I am not anywhere near to achieving my own speech targets.

Or maybe, I have been too ambitious.

Anyway, I have to try to secure more speaking slots in Toastmasters clubs – in order to stay on course. It’s been awhile since I have moved on from CC round #35.

I had originally intended to complete five rounds of the CC manual in six months – on or before December 31, 2016. A tall order.

I would be really lucky if I can accomplish this feat by the time the Lunar New Year comes around. Even with a grace period of twenty-seven days, it is still challenging. I would need divine help.  

No comments: