Saturday, November 12, 2016

Donald Trump Gets an Earful

Yesterday, Yoko Ono (right), who is John Lennon’s widow  responded to Donald Trump's victory in Tuesday's presidential election. And it's unprintable.

"Dear Friends," she tweeted with an audio clip. "I would like to share this message with you as my response to @realDonaldTrump".
 
That response is utterly Ono, singing an emotive shriek of agony with grievous grunting and delicious distress.
 
 
Yoko Ono’s signature wail!
 
And in the background, you can hear someone says, “That’s an awesome quote”.
 
On Tuesday, I was at Brickfields Asia College in VSQ @ PJ City Center for the Taman Indrahana Toastmasters meeting.
 
I have decided to present at least 5 CC speeches at this club, starting with my Ice Breaker. It is about redeeming myself. I am not a good speaker yet – but I am working on it. Working really hard.

My last 2015 speech there – on December 22 – had been a disaster – if I examined how LeAnn Tang had scored me in the evaluation.
 
To be fair to her, she said she could not recall this particular speech but she was big-hearted to shower me with generous apologies – saying I couldn’t have been that bad to warrant a “Could Improve” on all 7 items on the evaluation form.
 
My maiden speech for the 40th round of the Competent Communication manual was titled “Fast and Furious” and I was again evaluated by LeAnn Tang (right). This time, she gave me a thumbs-up!

I was even voted Best Speaker.

This is my 486th project speech that I have done todate in Toastmasters. I continue to give speeches on a regular basis because it makes me fluent and fluid in my speech delivery.
  
I keep pushing myself because I want to be a good speaker. Just like K Loghandran. And Palaniappa. And Sim Bok San. 

1 comment:

Glam said...

Sim Bok San posted on Facebook 6 hours ago: "Wow Victor Ong, I am humbled by what you wrote. Your achievements are beyond comparison by any standards... 40th CC, 486 speeches and more than 200 meetings in a year!!! Suffice it to say that there are many World Champions in Toastmasters but there is only ONE Victor Ong in Toastmasters. You are an inspiration to many bro, including me!"