Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Toastmasters' Leadership Awards

Many fellow Toastmasters know me as a prolific speaker and I have earned many educational awards from the Communication track.

That doesn't mean I am neglecting the Leadership track. So it gives me a good measure of satisfaction when I earned Leadership awards too.

In the month of August 2016 alone, I had received five of the said awards from Toastmasters International, namely, Competent Leader (my tenth and eleventh); Advanced Leader Bronze (my fourth although this month, I have already earned my fifth); Advanced Leader Silver (my second); and Leadership Excellence (also my second).

In case you’re wondering why I am only talking about it now – it is because I just opened all five envelopes a couple of days ago.























I had also received another two other envelopes – and they contained recognition ribbons:











The first one is the President Distinguished Club ribbon for 2015-2016 for Sunway University Toastmasters Club – where I had served as club president. I had ensured that we clinched all ten DCP goals. A first in our history.

[Note: Previously, we only achieved nine out of ten goals].










The second is the Distinguished Club ribbon also for 2015-2016 – but this time for Liquid Gold Advanced Toastmasters Club. We achieved five DCP goals in just eight months since our charter on October 31, 2015. It is a commendable achievement.

Last evening, I was in yet another Toastmasters meeting. I took up the Grammarian role at the KL Advanced Toastmasters Club meeting, held in Bangsar, KL.

This helped me complete yet another project for my twelfth round of the CL manual with 5 more projects remaining.
































Toastmasters is my Life!

No comments: