Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dr Vida Gives Up on Red Warriors

Beauty products entrepreneur Hasmiza Othman, better known as Dr Vida (left), has decided to stop sponsoring the Pamoga Qu Puteh The Red Warriors football team next season, reported local Malay daily Harian Metro.
 
Hasmiza said being a sponsor for any sports activities, especially football, was no longer a priority after this.
 
“I have done a lot for the Red Warriors squad but it is very disappointing, especially its performance. Apart from having to spend a lot of money, I have also been mocked on social media after getting involved in football". And she said she was hurt!
 
I have no wish to comment. Please join me in doing three rounds of LOL! Wakakaka! Wakakaka!! Wakakaka!!!





 




 
Still on football. Yesterday, Celtic claimed their first Champions League Group C point as Pep Guardiola's perfect record in charge of Manchester City ended with a 3-3 draw in Glasgow, Scotland.
 
The hosts led twice in the first half, Moussa Dembele diverting in Erik Sviatchenko's header in only the third minute and Kieran Tierney forcing an own goal by Raheem Sterling in the twentieth.
 
Fernandinho's strike in the eleventh minute brought Manchester City level first time and Sterling showed composure to net the visitors' second in the twenty-eighth minute.
 
Nolito equalized for the visitors again in the fifty-fifth minute after Dembele had netted on the turn eight minutes earlier.
 
Celtic had certainly given their all!
 
On Tuesday, I was back at the Amoda Building in Jalan Imbi, KL to join TMIKL Toastmasters in their semi-monthly meetings. I was there for the explicit purpose of “speaking under fire”.















 
 









This was assignment #4 from the Public Relations manual. My speech title was “Don’t Blame My PM” – which of course, refers to my Prime Minister, Najib Razak who has been bedeviled by shameful scandals!
 
The purpose of this talk (disguised as a role play) was to deliver my presentation to an audience assumed to be hostile (your typical Malaysians who are not Najib fawners, flatterers or flunkies – and I can say with certainty that my audience that evening did not belong to this contemptible category of pro-Najib chumps).











I assumed the role of a Minister in the PM’s Department and I had to stoutly defend my ‘boss’! That makes me a toadie!
 
Seriously, I should join the PM's public relations team.

Once done, I have completed my fifth Advanced manual (left).

And I have one more manual to go before I earn my third Advanced Communication award for 2016-2017 – an ACG. Hard work indeed!

No comments: