Saturday, September 3, 2016

Blessed Beer

Yesterday, Belgium celebrated Saint Arnould, the patron saint of brewers, by blessing a barrel of beer in a Brussels cathedral.

Dressed in costumes and accompanied by a band, the knights of the “Brewer’s Paddle,” or Belgian Brewers’ Guild, marched from the city’s iconic Grand Palace to the altar where the consecration ceremony was held.

According to the tradition, Saint Arnould was the son of a brewer and therefore learned the secrets of brewing at an early age.

Coincidentally, yesterday too, I had a couple of glasses of Hoegaarden.

No wonder I felt blessed!

I was at Delirium in Menara Manulife, Jalan Gelenggang in Bukit Damansara, KL for Liquid Gold Advanced Toastmasters Club’s Humorous Speech, Speech Evaluation and Tall Tale contests this morning. We had 5 contestants in each of the 3 categories.















I heard really good speeches. And I was not referring to my speeches only!
















Hey! Even I was impressed.
 
So was District 51 International Speech 2015-2016 champion and this is what Sim Bok San (left) shared with me:

“Wah! I enjoyed myself, Victor. Well done to you and your team for organizing such a unique and successful 3-in-1. Must be a first in the entire District!

Personally, I find the level of competition very high!!! I think you guys have District-level talents at LG, bro. Seriously, LG is capable of producing District Champions!!!”

[LG = Liquid Gold].

Of course, I took part in all three contests. I won 2nd place in Humorous Speech, 3rd place in Speech Evaluation and also 3rd place in Tall Tale.

 











BTW, this was my prop for my Tall Tale speech  can you guess? The speech was a story of China a long, long time ago, and about the court eunuch Zheng He (often spelled as Cheng Ho in English):

 
 

No comments: