Saturday, August 13, 2016

Nicol David is No. 17









Image credit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/09/from-simone-biles-to-usain-bolt-the-20-greatest-athletes-in-the/nicol-david/

Squash queen Nicol David has been listed as one of the world's twenty greatest athletes right now! She is listed at No.17.

This recognition came from UK’s The Telegraph where it has compiled the definitive list of sports icons. This is what has been written about her:

“Not many athletes can claim to have enjoyed the sort of dominance that Nicol David has had in the world of squash.

The 32-year-old Malaysian was world number one for a record 109 months until September last year, and has won three gold medals and the World Games, two Commonwealth golds, and a remarkable eight World open titles”.

In case you didn’t know, David is featured side by side with sporting greats like swimmer Michael Phelps, athlete Usain Bolt and tennis player Serena Williams. A giant among giants!

Malaysians should be very proud of Nicol David!

On Thursday, I travelled all the way to Seksyen U8 in Perindustrian Bukit Jelutong in Shah Alam, Selangor to attend the Zuellig Pharma Toastmasters meeting. I was invited by CIMA’s Jocelyn Teh and I went there as the General Evaluator.




















 






It is always heartening to pay a visit to a new club and it was their fourth meeting since they were chartered. The Toastmasters there are still wet behind the ears but they will learn soon enough. That I am sure. Certainly, their enthusiasm is infectious and their commitment real.

Having undertaken the GE role, I have completed yet another round of CL – making this my eleventh Competent Leadership award todate!

Actually, I had already earned another education award – my fourth ALB. I completed it in April-June and the submission to TI was finally made on Thursday. 

And given that my Leadership Excellence application had also been approved two days earlier, I can also expect to earn my ALS award, followed by my second DTM award in the next couple of days.

No comments: