Saturday, May 21, 2016

Penis Drawings















Image credit: http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/this-man-is-painting-penises-on-potholes-so-the-council-has-to-take-action--ekSuZ63mgW

The potholes in Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester in the UK are seemingly everywhere.
 
And so, a mysterious dick pic vigilante who goes by the name of 'Wanksy' is spray-painting penises around potholes so that his local council has to come and fill them in.
 
On one of the photos on his Facebook page, the activist explained that one pothole had been there for eight months without being filled in but after he drew a penis on it, the pothole was fixed in less than 48 hours.
 
Still, local council officials took a dim view of his actions, telling the Manchester Evening News that not only do they deem the drawings to be "obscene" but that "every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes!"

What rubbish!
 
There is steady support for the street artist and it continues to grow online, with one commenter on his Facebook page claiming: "Let's make the council realize we won't put up with the ridiculous condition of our roads."
 
And another simply says: "Well done dude! You're my hero."


















I came across the above and straightaway, I am reminded of what Vincent van Gogh once said: "I dream my painting and I paint my dream".

I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere for us. Please don't ask me because my mind has gone to sleep

No comments: