Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Lawyer Who is An Ass

The prime minister’s lawyer Mohd Hafarizam Harun said yesterday that Najib Razak’s signature on 1MDB documents was merely to meet corporate governance requirements.
 
Signing the documents do not necessarily mean that Najib had actual knowledge of or decided on 1MDB matters. It was just a formality, the lawyer stupidly insisted.
 
He had explained that Article 117 of 1MDB’s Memorandum and Articles of Association – which states that the prime minister must sign off on any deals by 1MDB – is an operative clause, giving the example of public-listed firms where directors would have to sign off a circular resolution to fulfill corporate governance requirements and stressing that those who give their signatures may not know why the documents are required.
 
And to ensure blame does not fall onto Najib’s lap, he further added: “It’s not the prime minister who made the decision(s), it’s the board of directors of 1MDB”.
 
What it means is that Najib refuses to be held accountable. What it means is that Najib had blindly signed documents without knowing their contents. What it means is that Najib had been grossly derelict in his responsibilities and therefore, incorrigibly incompetent!
 
I see a lame excuse. A farce. A joke.
 
And the lawyer is clearly an ass!

Hee-haw, hee-haw, hee-haw!
 
I was in Brickfields, KL yesterday – for the MIA Toastmasters Club meeting – and again, I presented another speech – a CC #9 titled “Receive to Give”. Even though I spoke persuasively, what was missing was my personal story – which could have made the speech more impactful. I agree with my evaluator that it could be better.
 
Anyway, I was voted Best Speaker. LOL, I don’t think I deserved it.
 










 

No comments: