Sunday, February 21, 2016

Death for Teenager Who Listens to Pop Music











File photo showing the beheading of an Iraqi teenager by an ISIS executioner. Image credit: http://aranews.net/2016/02/isis-extremists-behead-iraqi-teenager-for-listening-to-western-music/

The Islamic State jihadists continue to impose their own sickening brand of medieval justice.
 
This time, it is part of a murderous crackdown on personal freedoms in the cult's Iraqi stronghold of Mosul. According to ARA News, a 15-year-old boy named Ayham Hussein was caught enjoying pop tunes on a portable CD player at his father’s grocery store in the Nabi Younis marketplace.
 
A spokesperson for the Kurdish Nineveh media center was quoted by ARA News as saying the boy was listening to "Western music". He was then supposedly referred to the Syaria Court, which issued a decision to execute him.
 
The boy was reportedly publicly beheaded, before his body was handed to his family on Tuesday evening.
 
It is impossible to verify the report, but Kurdish media seem to suggest the incident has led to rare public displays of outrage.
 
Separately, ARA News also reported that two young men had been arrested last Friday for failing to attend prayers at the main mosque in Mosul.
 
Named local activist Abdulah al-Malla said they were shot dead outside the mosque on Sunday, adding: "The execution took place after a member of the Syaria Court read a statement vowing anyone who misses the prayers at the mosque to face the same punishment".
 
In January, a 14-year-old was reportedly beheaded on similar charges. Another activist, Nasser Taljbini, said his parents were "forced to witness the beheading of their own son".
 
Parti Amanah Rakyat president Mohamed Sabu (“Mat Sabu”) has been ordered to pay RM200,000 to Wan Ahmad Wan Omar.
 
The amount was granted as damages to the former EC deputy chairperson by the High Court after Wan Ahmad sued Mat Sabu (right) and Mustafa Ali on March 05, 2013 alleging that Harakah articles published in the February 1-3 edition based on their interview on January 29, 2013 that alluded to the "Sabah IC Project", were defamatory to him.
 
In their statement of defense, Mohamad and Mustafa both denied defaming Wan Ahmad, contending that his position as a public servant was open to public scrutiny.
 
The duo lost the defamation suit in the High Court on March 20, 2014.
 
On March 18 the following year, the Appeals Court rejected their appeal to cancel the High Court’s decision.
 
And the Federal Court also dismissed their appeal on August 17, 2015, affirming the High Court and the Court of Appeal decisions ordering them to pay.
 
On Wednesday, supporters began a donation drive for Mat Sabu.
 
The group calling itself #SahabatMatSabu (Friends of Mat Sabu) is appealing to the public to donate RM10 each for its campaign called "#SahabatMatSabu, RM10 seorang" (Friends of Mat Sabu, RM10 per person), and intends to organize roadshows, social media campaigns and also a dinner to collect donations.
 
This campaign is to show solidarity with Mat Sabu, whom the group believed was the victim in the defamation suit – Mat Sabu had, without fear or favor, defended the country’s sovereignty.
 
Raising the money is critical for Mohamad as failure to pay the sum would jeopardize the latter's political career because he would be declared a bankrupt, and then, he would lose his right to be the party president, and pushed out of participation in politics. And that would be a loss for Malaysia.





 
 
Please contribute RM10 for a better Malaysia.

No comments: