Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Wild West Returns to Texas


Texans were cavorting around a new open-carry gun law that took effect on January 01, 2016.
 
This means that the more than 826,000 handgun license holders in the state can now carry their guns in visible holsters on their hip or shoulder.
 
Previously, Texans wanting to carry a handgun had to obtain a concealed handgun license and hide their weapon.
 
Proponents say making guns conspicuous will deter mass shootings. But not everyone was in favor of the idea to discourage violence through displaying weapons. A majority of the state's police chiefs opposed it though.
 
I don’t believe this law makes any sense at all. And it’s scary too. Besides, it’s like Texans are returning to the Wild West years. Gunslingers. Gun fights. Shootouts.
 
On Sunday, I was in Subang Jaya to attend my first Toastmasters meeting and delivering my first speech for 2016. I presented CC speech #2 titled “The Door”.
 














 

No comments: