Monday, December 21, 2015

Doa for Low-cost Carrier








Image credit: http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/business/2015/12/20/malaysias-first-islamic-compliant-airline-takes-off/

Halal trolleys (My blogpost on November 20, 2015). Halal train service (My blogpost on December 10, 2015). And now, halal airline.
 
Malaysia’s first syariah-compliant low-cost carrier Rayani Air took to the air on Sunday with their maiden flight taking off from the capital to the resort island of Langkawi.
 
Prayer recitals before take-off. Muslim flight crew don the hijab. Halal in-flight meals. And strictly, no alcohol.
 
Definitely, you won’t find me on their flights – that’s for sure.
 
Over the weekend, both my teams lost.
 
In Saturday’s Scottish Premiership match between Celtic and Motherwell, the latter won 2-1 at Celtic Park for the first time in nearly eight years, coming from behind to do so.
 
Louis Moult's double (53, 59) turned the game around after Nir Bitton's deflected shot had given the champions the lead in the forty-ninth minute. It means Celtic have failed to win at home in their last four games.
 
They remain a point clear of Aberdeen at the top of the table but they can ill-afford to drop any more points
 
On Sunday, Liverpool had a calamitous EPL game against Watford, losing 0-3 to the latter. Jurgen Klopp’s side is now without a win in their last three league games.
 
I am pleasantly surprised that my movie review of the seventh installment of the Star Wars franchise was well-read!
 
Three days after my own blog (Blogpage http://helpvictor.blogspot.my/2015/12/swtfa-movie-review.html) had featured it – it collected a total of 107 views.
 
And in news portal Free Malaysia Today (Webpage http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/leisure/2015/12/18/fmts-review-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens/), it had 80 Facebook shares!
 
Of course, by other bloggers’ standards, my numbers are miniscule. But if I remember that ‘As I See It’ is a digital diary of my personal musings, then any number more than one is impressive!

Let's drink to that! A dark beer is recommended!
 


 

No comments: