Sunday, November 1, 2015

R2-D2 Droid in Your Home

Fancy owning the R2-D2 droid?
  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haeir makes it possible and if you have the money, you can now own a built-to-scale, remote-controlled icebox version of the “Star Wars” franchise fan favorite R2-D2.
 
Yup, this R2-D2 mini-fridge can actually roll through the house, transporting a dozen chilled cans of beer at a time – how’s that for using The Force!
 
According to Engadget, Aqua R2-D2 has more-than-fridge-like capabilities, including Wi-Fi and a projector that can play movies via the average Android. On top of its faux-holographic projector, it also beeps and boops, as well as whirring lights.
 
For now, it will only be available in Japan and cost a hefty ¥998,000 (RM35,276). Still, it is available for pre-order, with the first shipments due out in December 2015.
 
I am not a “Star Wars” fan but I am thrilled to the idea of having this droid bring me a drink when I am chilling at home. I want one!
 
On Thursday, I was at the MAICSA Toastmasters meeting at KL's MidValley Boulevard. It was one of those rare occasions I didn’t have any meeting role – which is fine with me, really. Speeches were alright but the evaluations were a class above.
 







No comments: