Monday, November 30, 2015

Muhyiddin Yassin is Willing to Be Sacked

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Malaysian Insider filepic, November 29, 2015
 
Today’s The Sun carried a front page story about Muhyiddin Yassin and the headline blared “I’m willing to be sacked”.
 
On Sunday, UMNO deputy president Muhyiddin had said he was prepared to lose his position and his party membership for speaking up on alleged wrongdoings in 1MDB and the RM2.6 billion deposited into Prime Minister Najib Razak's account.
 
The former deputy prime minister also said he could not "bear the sin" of keeping quiet over these matters, which the people were also concerned about.
 
He spoke at an assembly of UMNO members in Pagoh, Johore where he had received a memorandum expressing support for him from 106 branches in the division.
 
He had even asked the 1,000-strong Pagoh UMNO if they were prepared to have an independent representative, to which they gave him their "ayes".
 
For how long more can Najib tolerate Muhyiddin?
 
On Saturday, I was in KL. My morning stop was at Wisma HELP in Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights to take up the role of Table Topics Evaluator at the HELP University Toastmasters meeting.
 













 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And after that, in the afternoon, onwards to Meteor House at the OUM City Campus at Lorong Rumah Kelab, off Jalan Tun Ismail to attend the OUM Toastmasters meeting. Here, I delivered my Ice Breaker (again), which represents my thirtieth round of the Competent Communication manual. I was also the Sergeant-at-Arms as well as the Grammarian.

Just an interesting note. In the 2014 calendar year, my Toastmastering activity was in full swing. At least, I thought so. I had participated in 255 regular meetings in 87 different clubs and delivered 103 project speeches.

As of 5:00 PM yesterday, I had already accumulated a total of 260 regular Toastmasters meetings in 88 different Toastmasters clubs and also delivered 104 project speeches.

What it means is that I have now exceeded last year's outcomes! And there are still thirty-three days to go before 2015 ends!
 






 

No comments: