Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sir, Please Don't Burn Malaysia!














"Sir, please don't burn the country, if we burn, you burn with us too", Hamidah told Najib

In a special message directed personally at the UMNO president, sacked Gopeng division Wanita chief Hamidah Osman had yesterday told Najib Razak not to “burn the country”.
 
Hamidah’s sacking – supposedly taken due to ‘disciplinary’ issues but more likely for criticizing the party leadership – was announced by Najib himself on Tuesday after the party’s Supreme Council meeting.
 
She had been vocal in demanding Najib's resignation, and was in early September reported by Malay daily Sinar Harian as saying, “Don't tell me three million members need to sacrifice for the sake of one man. It should be the leader who sacrifices for the sake of the party's three million members.”
 
She had also urged Najib to accept the reality that the 1MDB scandal had compromised the people's trust in UMNO.
 
Of course, these remarks didn’t endear her to Najib.
 
And on Wednesday evening, I was in KL’s Jalan Pantai Bahru to attend the Telekom Malaysia Toastmasters meeting where I delivered my CC #10 speech titled “A Leap of Faith” and I was rewarded with the Best Speaker ribbon. And in the process, I have completed my twenty-ninth round of the Competent Communication manual.

I have now received fifty-eight standing ovations in total – isn’t that just awesome?














 



























I am already planning to end the 2015 year with one more CC and in the next five days, I am going to deliver five speeches.

No comments: