Friday, November 27, 2015

Ahmad Zahid Denies He Had Bought His PhD

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Image credit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_usjBMLJ9mLw/SPwiQ1jSCJI/AAAAAAAABSc/F4ESCPcY9rM/s320/m.jpg. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi at his UPM Convocation on October 18, 2008
 
Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi asserted he had worked very hard to earn his doctorate rather than just pay cash for it.
 
The UMNO veep insisted his PhD was for a dissertation he had written on conventional media communications and how it shaped public perception during the general elections under the 22-year rule of then Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
 
It is uncertain what prompted the federal minister to raise the issue during a speech he made on Thursday. Seven years on after his doctorate and he brought it up it's very strange!
 
“The dean of UPM communications faculty is here, the UPM chancellor is here. They bear witness that I did my own research. They know that I did not buy my doctorate,” he said, referring to Universiti Putra Malaysia, where he was awarded his postgraduate degree.
 
I don’t know why there are people who continue to cast aspersions on Zahid’s hard-earned doctorate. If he said he did it himself, then he did it lah!
 
Even if hypothetically-speaking, it wasn’t his work – does it matter? In Malaysia, honesty is no longer the best policy!
 
On Wednesday morning, I was at Taman SEA in Petaling Jaya to lend support for a demo meeting for Reapfield Taman SEA real estate negotiators. I was an Evaluator for an Ice Breaker.
 
I know this meeting will bear fruit and we can expect a new Toastmasters club soon. I am confident – just give it another two months.
 
 
 















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Less than four hours later, I was off to Subang Jaya to attend the Real Toastmasters meeting at Jalan SS19/1G. I was also an Evaluator at the meeting. Sadly, it was a shambles from the start. I left immediately after my evaluation – and I told the president the club has a lot of unlearning and re-learning to do.












 

No comments: