Monday, October 19, 2015

Doris Jones

Doris Jones, writing on her Facebook page on Sunday, announced that she now has a British passport after Putrajaya refused to renew her Malaysian passport. She’s in the UK and she had wanted to return to face the warrant.
 
The 45-year-old Sabahan, whose full name is Doris Yapp Kim Young, is a wanted person in Malaysia. A court in Tuaran had issued an arrest warrant on her in January, ordering her appearance in Sabah to answer a charge under the Sedition Act.
 
Jones (left) runs the SSKM Facebook page, and has allegedly used it to promote the secession of Sabah and Sarawak from Malaysia.
 
In February, Malaysian police requested Interpol's help to trace Jones but in May, The Star reported Sabah police as saying that they could not extradite her from London as Britain, which has abolished their sedition laws, did not recognize her "crime".
 
On Saturday, I attended two Toastmasters meetings in the city and also delivered two project speeches.
 
I was at Bankers Club at the MIM Toastmasters Club of Kuala Lumpur and I presented CC speech #5 titled “Confessions” – which earned me a certificate and a ribbon for Best Project Speaker. In fact, my Evaluator Chia Foong Lian wanted to award me a 10 upon 10 but really, I don’t deserve it. Dr Arthur Robinson agreed with me – he corrected her and said I should get a 9.999!




































Then I was off to the OUM Main Campus in Jalan Tun Ismail where I presented CC speech #2 titled “A Toastmaster’s Toolkit”.

But that was not all. I was an invocation presenter as well as an Evaluator for an Advanced speech. I was also voted Best Evaluator.










I was pleasantly surprised with this meeting because seven members actually turned up! A rare sight, indeed!










 

No comments: