Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Break-up









Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. Photo credit: Kevin Winter/Getty

I have learned about the break-up since August 2015 but I was too distraught to talk about it then! I have got over it but I am still saddled with sadness.

I am talking about the uncoupling of that famous celebrity couple, Kermit and Miss Piggy. The couple – together for about 40 years after being introduced by mutual friend Jim Henson – had announced the split in Beverly Hills. Here’s the statement that appears on both characters’ Facebook pages:

“After careful thought, thoughtful consideration and considerable squabbling, Miss Piggy made the difficult decision to terminate our romantic relationship. We will continue to work together on television (“The Muppets” on Tuesdays 8 PM this fall on ABC) and in all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. However, our personal lives are now distinct and separate, and we will be seeing other people, pigs, frogs, et al. This is our only comment on this private matter. Thank you for your understanding.”

They did, however, promise they will continue to work together. That's really good to hear. But Life will go on for both of them – and I am sure, they will find new partners. That’s Life!

I was in KL’s Bangsar for the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting on Monday. I delivered a CC speech #4 titled "An Asian Beauty". A good speech, if I may say so myself. Anyway, I was voted Best Assignment Speaker.













 

No comments: