Thursday, September 17, 2015

Najib Razak Warns Against Anti-Government Rallies

In Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, on Wednesday, PM Najib Razak (left) was quick to try to justify the Red Shirt rally. He warned that he will come down hard on anyone trying to overthrow the government through street rallies.
 
He said: "It is not right to organize rallies dominated by one race, with the expressed aim of toppling the government. As we have seen, this then leads to rallies by other races”. He was referring to the Red Shirts, supposedly having to respond in a show of strength to the Bersih 4.0 rally, which he now claimed was populated by the Chinese.
 
Maybe he should read my blog posts on Bersih 4.0 and pay particular attention to the photos of rally participants I had featured. Not just on my blog but other social media sites too. The multi-racial nature of Bersih rallies is very much self-evident.
 
But I can’t blame him also since he has to defend the UMNO-initiated and UMNO-organized Red Shirts rally – more so when it turned out to be so blardy racist. They were very blatant in championing the Malay cause. And on Malaysia Day of all days!
 
So, Najib had, in fact, declared that street rallies that oppose the Government are strictly forbidden but those that support the government are permitted what a load of bullshit! Out-and-out hypocrisy! Downright double-standard!

We are saddled with a wretched Prime Minister who has already outlived his time in office. Callous, corrupt and crooked. And that about sums up what I think of him!
 
On Tuesday, I was in PJ’s Merchant Square to attend the Friendship Toastmasters meeting. My thanks to club president Benz Chan for arranging me a speaking slot on that day itself.

I presented my CC #8 speech titled “Colors of Diversity”. My props were pieces of cloth consisting of red (Liverpool FC scarf), black (Chinese-styled shirt) and yellow (Bersih 4.0 tee). Colorful. And it turned out to be an appealing speech that was appropriate for Malaysia Day! I was voted Best Assignment Speaker (again)!














 
 

No comments: