Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spain Exit WC
















Spain crash out of the World Cup on Wednesday. Chile delivered the fatal blows when they put two goals past hapless Spain. The world and double European champions had the dubious honor of being the first team to leave the 2014 World Cup, knocked out of a major tournament for the first time in eight years. 











Netherlands hung on to beat Australia, 3-2 in a Group B clash in Porto Alegre, Brazil and although it was a laborious win, the result is all that counts. 


On Tuesday, Russia drew 1-1 with South Korea in a Group H match. 

And on Monday, I was at KL Sentral to attend the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting. This was my first meeting as a returning member. Also, I delivered my CC speech #8 titled "Foreign is Good" and Lucky was my evaluator. I purposely went to Village Grocer in Bangsar Village to buy imported chocolates they cost me RM23.80 to use as my visual aids. Those at the meeting got to eat the chocs too. A good speech, if I may say so myself! It wasn't a surprise therefore that I was voted Best Assignment Speaker. Overall, it was indeed a good meeting.

And we even had visiting Toastmasters from abroad. They are two sisters from the Toastmasters Mongolia Club in Ulan Bator, Mongolia. Zagdaa Ganchimeg, the club president was our General Evaluator at this meeting. 
















No comments: