Sunday, June 1, 2014

Coca-Cola Promotes Friendships

It is said that the first day in college can be unnerving. To help promote friendships and foster communication, Coca-Cola invented a special soda bottle cap they call ‘Friendly Twist.’ Drinkers can only open their bottle by finding another bottle with a matching cap to unlock their Cokes, and hopefully, become friends. 

This commercial has just gone viral with over one million views!

 

On Saturday, I was at the MIMKL Toastmasters meeting. Again, attendance was lackluster. Nevertheless, I made a speech, CC #2 titled “It’s Me Again!” – This title was contributed by the Toastmaster-of-the Day on the morning itself and as usual, I challenged myself into doing an impromptu speech. And it must have been good since I was voted Best Speaker. 

My dedicated evaluator Grace Chan told me that I frowned a lot! I must solicit fellow Toastmaster, Solmaz Parpaei's help to teach me how to smile – after all, her last speech at the Premier Advanced Toastmasters meeting was all about the importance of maintaining that curve called a smile. 






















































No comments: