Friday, May 23, 2014

UMNO Threatens to Burn Down DAP HQ

















The ugly pandemonium in Penang orchestrated by UMNO Youth is not over, not by a long shot. In Kuala Lumpur yesterday, some fifty Federal Territory UMNO Youth members staged another fracas (I certainly wouldn’t call it a protest) outside the DAP headquarters in Jalan Loke Yew and threatened to burn down the building. They didn’t but they tore down a billboard featuring the DAP's Rocket logo instead. 

Toastmasters again last evening. I was in Jalan 25/2, Taman Bukit Emas in PJ where I delivered CC speech #3 – Round 13 of Project 15 – extemporaneously. The Toastmaster-of-the-Evening decided on my speech title (i.e. “Crime in Malaysia”) just before my turn to speak. Once she had decided, I went up front and spoke. 

My evaluator was Meyyappa and I generally did alright except that my speech’s specific purpose wasn’t lucid enough. I must confess that my focus wasn't 100%. BTW, I was the sole speaker! 

Still, it was a good meeting but the club needs to re-discover its purpose. I would give this meeting a score of a 4 over 10. 





















After this meeting, I returned to campus where I managed to catch the last one-third of the Sunway University Toastmasters meeting. I have no doubt it was another good meeting but Vice President Education Nawal Lyana intimated her grief that attendance was below-average. We only had close to thirty people at the meeting. Oh well…




 

No comments: