Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Marina Mahathir Praises DAP's Dyana Sofya

Social activist and daughter of former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, Marina (left) has praised Dyana Sofya for sticking to her guns even as she faces a cannonade of UMNO criticisms. She questioned UMNO-BN on their lack of young, female candidates. If this is not an endorsement for Dyana, I don't know what is! 

Futhermore, she said that the rising number of outstanding Malay women politicians were mostly from the opposition, with the most prominent being PKR's Lembah Pantai MP Nurul Izzah Anwar. 

Now if I am Mahathir and I am reading this, I will feel as if I have been given a tight slap across the face. But then again, pachydermatous Mahathir is just too thick-skinned. Given that it is his daughter who made the remark, he would pretend to ignore it. 




















 









Today, I was at the AFC Toastmasters meeting and I was an evaluator for a member who delivered CC speech #3. And I cringed because she didn’t meet her speech objectives and I had to put it across to her as gently as I could. Still I didn’t hide the fact that she didn’t do well at all although I refrained from asking her to repeat her speech. The other speeches were not that great either but the evaluations were much better. We also started two minutes late and finished thirteen minutes later. Overall, I would give this meeting a score of a 3.5 over 10. 

I have put together my year-to-date Toastmasters activities in one slide: 














 
If anybody out there is asking why I am doing what I am doing, the answer is really simple and straightforward: 


No comments: