Friday, April 18, 2014

Even in Death, UMNO MP Insults Karpal Singh

As Malaysia mourns the passing of a great politician, one member from the loony party of lowlifes (I am trying very hard to be extremely polite!), Langkawi MP, UMNO's Nawawi Ahmad decided to insult the late Karpal Singh by posting a picture of the veteran politician's blood-smeared face as he lay in his Toyota Alphard following a tragic accident yesterday.

Along with the Facebook picture was a press cutting on Karpal expressing his opposition to the implementation of hudud laws in the country. And Nawawi also posted a comment which read: "Siapa nak sambut cabaran karpal singh? Sila bagi nama he he" (Who wants to accept Karpal Singh's challenge? Please submit your name, hehe.)

The cur wrote this in reference to the newspaper article which quoted Karpal as saying: "Mahu wujudkan negara Islam langkah mayat kami dulu – Karpal Singh" (The creation of an Islamic state will only be over my dead body – Karpal Singh).

I would have liked to insult Nawawi, but with his intelligence he wouldn't even get a bit offended!

Former Perlis mufti Dr Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin in an immediate reaction called on all to show respect for the dead icon, in line with upholding the good values of Islam.

"This is the epitome of good character and morals which makes Islam respected”.

Mohd Asri, in a statement to The Malaysian Insider said: “Absence of these attributes will only create misgivings against Islam and make people hate followers of the religion".

An idiot is an idiot is an idiot. And Nawawi fits the bill, alright.

At the AFC Toastmasters meeting in KL's Bukit Jalil on Wednesday, I presented my CC#1 speech titled “Charlie and I” – and this was my twenty-fourth time I did my Ice breaker speech. Charlie here refers to Charlie Chaplin (left) and I used him as a reference point because we both share the same birthday! April 16! This time around, my evaluator was Grace Tan.

I even received a Certificate of Achievement for this effort!














Notwithstanding the multiple times I have done CC speeches, I am always still nervy before I speak – more so, when my speeches are done impromptu. Still, I aced this speech and I am thankful that I found Toastmasters because I now speak with confidence and conviction. Toastmastering has transformed me to be a better speaker.

I would score this meeting a 7.5 over 10.
 
















No comments: