Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rainy Days











Snapshots of the flash floods to hit Klang Valley on April 21, 2014. Image credit: http://www.therakyatpost.com/rakyat-gallery/flash-flood-in-the-klang-valley-2/

Torrential downpours. Flash floods. And residents of Selangor and Kuala Lumpur have to endure water rationing since last month; some areas since February. It doesn’t make sense but this is Malaysia and everything and anything is always possible! 

I am really fed up with this “two-days-of-water-supply-followed-by-two-days-of-dry-taps”! I am sure everybody else feel the same way too. Think of the families with children. Think of the elderly. Think of those residing in multi-storey apartments.

Sure, the Federal Government must shoulder the blame but as a Pakatan state, surely, we can do something. Aren't Pakatan supposed to be smarter? And what did they do since 2008? Didn't they plan and strategize?

Selangor Menteri Besar Abdul Khalid Ibrahim should put on his PKR hat and dump his old UMNO hat into the bin. Permanently. After all, he is a Pakatan Rakyat MB and the “arid” situation that we are finding ourselves in urgently require reformasi-style thinking. Right now, Khalid is just taking the easy way out.

If he is incapable of finding a solution to end this "water" problem, then he should do the honorable thing and quit and let somebody else do the job. I think he is overrated anyway.












See the picture above. I am the speaker and I was promoting Coke! No kidding! It really was an interesting speech that I gave. Anyway, I love this picture that was posted by Philip Wong on Facebook yesterday – it looks like one of those sketches done by artists in a courtroom where photojournalists aren't allowed. 

This is the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting on April 21, 2014 and I also did blog about it yesterday – see my posting titled ‘Giant Selfie Installation”.
 












And I just snapped a selfie of me enjoying a Coke! God, it is my fave beverage. Besides, beer and other alcoholic drinks.

No comments: