Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Sample of Malacca Food


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In Malacca, even a short day trip (April 12, 2014) will not be complete if I didn’t sample the local food – especially those that are my favorite!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Breakfast was at Chew Chow Coffeeshop, Lorong Setia 1, Ayer Keroh Heights in Ayer Keroh. I had wonton noodles (or “wantan mee”, as the locals would call it) but here – it is served with a chilli sauce that is just particular to my hometown.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Noodles (medium) at RM3.80 and iced black coffee at RM1.50
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And in less than 3 hours, it was lunchtime! I had char siew (barbecued pork) rice at the Medan Makan Boon Leong Bunga Raya in Jalan Bunga Raya.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The above cost RM5.00
 
And to wash the lunch down, I had coconut water – at the Discovery Café & Guest House, just down the road.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One coconut cost RM6.50
 
I do miss the food here. I must make a return visit.

No comments: