Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Mongolian Tribute to Karpal Singh

The death of Malaysian icon Karpal Singh has even reached the shores of Ulanbataar, Mongolia, where a two-page tribute was dedicated to him in a local daily on April 18, 2014.
 
The Mongolian-language Zuunii Medee or Century News carried two pages of an interview with Altantuya’s dad Setev Shaariibuu who poured out his personal feelings about Karpal in an article headlined ‘Malaysian opposition DAP leader Karpal Singh dies in car accident’.
 
Shaariibuu said he knew this “great man” who helped him in the murder trial of two former police officers suspected of having killed Altantuya with plastic explosives in October 2006. Karpal diligently kept a watching brief for Shaariibuu since the case commenced in 2007 and had been faithfully keeping him updated of the progress of the case in Malaysia.
 
Truly, Karpal Singh is one in a million!
 
Yesterday, I was at No. 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg in KL’s TTDI to deliver my Ice Breaker (titled “My Hero”) at the WIM Toastmasters meeting. My dedicated evaluator was Dr Sharon Tong and this is Round 12 of my Project 15. I was voted Best Speaker and she was voted Best Evaluator. Wow! And I was also the General Evaluator.
 
Certainly, I enjoyed all three speeches (including mine) and evaluations. I would score this meeting an 8 over 10 because the meeting was good and better still, accompanied by much merriment (thanks to the GE). It must have created positive vibes because four guests decided to sign up!
 














 

No comments: