Thursday, March 27, 2014

MH370: "Conclusive Evidence" Points to Indian Ocean

My earlier post (“MH370: Where Are You?”) on the MH370 search-and-rescue that was dated March 20, 2014 pertains. Now the “assets” are being re-deployed to focus on the southern Indian Ocean in an area covering 460,000 sq nautical miles. 

Hishammuddin Hussein, the Acting Transport Minister repeated his Prime Minister’s position that “conclusive evidence” (their words!) pointed out that the missing airliner did end in the identified area (The Star, Malaysia, March 26, 2014, p 02). 

Malaysians who trust these two individuals may be surprised to know that Australia’s deputy defense chief Mark Binskin – whose country is spearheading the search (the ‘rescue’ has been conveniently dropped because it would seem they are just wanting to find any sign of wreckage of the said plane) – was more upfront when he admitted: “We’re not searching for a needle in a haystack – we’re still trying to define where the haystack really is” (ibid, p 42). 

As I have said, what and who to believe? 

Last evening, I was at Level 1, Telekom Malaysia Convention Center in KL’s Jalan Pantai Baharu. The purpose of my presence at the Telekom Toastmasters meeting was to deliver my CC speech #6 titled “Hurt”. My evaluator was Lachmichand (Lucky) and this was Round 1 of Project 15. I am really thankful that clubs are giving me speaking opportunities and Telekom is one of many.

Overall, the meeting went well and I would give it a score of 6.5 over 10. 












No comments: