Saturday, March 29, 2014

MH370 and the F1 Malaysian GP





 




 


The Prime Minister’s announcement on MH370 on Monday stank of ambiguity because it had succeeded in throwing the country into confusion. Some Malaysian states such as Johore, Perak and Penang flew their flags at half-mast. Other states did not. 

Najib Razak thought he was being clever but in the end, he just muddied the waters further.











 


Touching gesture: The Caterham F1 team's coordinator Graham Smith placing a MH370 tribute sticker on the nose cone of the Formula One Car at Malaysia’s Sepang Circuit. Image credit: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/28/F1-drivers-show-their-respects-Racers-place-tribute-stickers-on-their-cars/
 
BTW, the F1 Malaysian GP is on this weekend. Against the backdrop of the missing MH370, Formula One drivers have tribute stickers on their helmets and others carry the stickers on their cars. The Caterham F1 team – see photo above – placed the #PRAYFORMH370 sticker on their front nose cones. 

But here’s my dilemma. I read in the same news report that a minute’s silence would be observed ahead of the race. So what’s the real situation with regard to MH370? Are we mourning the MH370 dead? Or are we praying that there are still survivors? 

I don’t know about you but I am bewildered. 

On Thursday evening, I was in Damansara Jaya to attend the D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters meeting. Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay until the end – I left after the first speech evaluation – but it was an interesting meeting nonetheless. And if I may add, Tham Chee Wah’s talk was equally interesting too. 









No comments: