Monday, December 30, 2013

Bizarre Lifelike Sculptures





















Image credit: http://laughingsquid.com/eerily-lifelike-sculptures-of-animalhuman-hybrids/

Chinese artist Liu Xue creates bizarre sculptures of human figures that have been augmented with animal body parts. The lifelike sculptures range from centaur-like human/pig hybrids to rather disquieting chicken-people.

Last Saturday, I was at the Bankers Club, Amoda Building in KL’s Jalan Imbi for the Premier Advanced Toastmasters meeting. I was hoping to get a speaking slot I didn’t instead, I was roped in to be a speech evaluator for an Advanced speech from the Storytelling manual. 

The speaker narrated an abridged account of “I Love Girl”, a humorous piece cleverly penned by Simon Rich and which appeared in The New Yorker last year (if I am not mistaken). The material was of course brilliant – even the truncated version – and her performance would have been more entertaining if it had incorporated vocal acrobatics and animated hand gestures. Still, a nice speech, nonetheless. 

Overall, this was a good meeting. A 7 over 10 score. 


























No comments: