Wednesday, December 5, 2012

PR Ceramah in UMNO Territory


















A Pakatan Rakyat ceramah at Parit Raja, Batu Pahat on Friday drew some 30,000 Johoreans in what PR leaders say is a sure sign of support migrating from UMNO to them. Never in Johor’s political history has an Opposition rally attracted such a humongous crowd. And mostly Malays too.

The assembly was part of the on-going state-level Himpunan Kebangkitan Rakyat (Peoples’ Uprising Assembly) series being organized by PR nationwide.

There is a real glimmer of hope that PR can make massive inroads into the state in GE13.

Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club organized a Youth Leadership Program last Friday and Saturday at Sunway University. I was a presenter on the first day – “Body Language” – before I tore myself away because I had my SUBS meetings, etc. at the university. Still I was informed that it was a huge success and the kids (they were only 10-15 years of age!) enjoyed it immeasurably.

No comments: