Sunday, December 2, 2012

Adnan Yaakob's Boast

I am trying to imagine Adnan Yaakob (left) without his ears! Malaysiakini reported on Friday that the Pahang Menteri Besar had boasted: “I tell you, DAP cannot win in Bentong. Cannot win! If DAP wins in Bentong, you cut my ears and I’d jump into the Pahang river”. He made the remarks along the sidelines of the UMNO general assembly out of bravado – I believe he had sensed that Pahang will lose a number of seats to the PR opposition and Bentong is vulnerable. Raub as well. And probably others too.

But Adnan is clearly cowed by this possibility. The Bentong parliamentary seat is presently being held by MCA deputy president Liow Tiong Lai – this wimp is sure to lose – and not only because of Lynas and Bukit Koman. Adnan is on edge because his Pelangai seat is located within it.

I would add that when Adnan does carry out his threat and jumps into the river, the local residents may want to celebrate by releasing a couple of crocodiles, just to give Adnan some spine-tingling excitement. I am looking forward to that day!

No comments: