Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chua Soi Lek, Islamic scholar

Chua Soi Lek had the cheek to tell off Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Jamil Khir Baharom that the latter had not done his homework when he said on Wednesday that the PAS' brand of hudud would have no effect on non-Muslims (Sunday Star, October 28, 2012, p 04).

Irked by Jamil’s pronouncement, Chua challenged him to a debate on how hudud would affect all Malaysians. Wow! This Chua fella is fantastic! Now he is claiming to be an Islamic expert! He can now talk about hudud. UMNO, shut up!

Isn’t it remarkable that UMNO is keeping quiet when this guy is showing disrespect to Islam? If Jamil will not respond because he is feeling inadequate, what about the UMNO ulama? This China man can get away with it, meh?




































I was at Mercu UEM in KL Sentral last evening to attend the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting. When I said I would come, I was promptly given the role of General Evaluator. The quality of the meeting was good because we had two Advanced speeches that were being delivered. The speakers were known to me and therefore, my expectations were not misplaced. And if there is Lucky, you can be sure the meeting will start on time too. And it did. I would give this meeting a score of a 7 out of a 10. Did you know the last time I came to the KL Advanced Toastmasters meeting was on July 25, 2011?

No comments: